In the autumn crunch, we are a hive activity here at SSG and are keen to share our work and our resources with you.
Here are our latest webinars up to January next year for you to join. We will be taking a break in December whilst at COP21 Paris for the UN Climate Talks.
1. We have our monthly Associate webinar on Wednesday 21st October 13:00 EDT, this time with Brennan Vogel on ‘Sub national approaches to climate change adaptation’
You can simply register here
2. Plan 4DE I: The relationship between built environment and district energy’ Thursday 22nd October 13:00 EDT
Mel de Jager from SSG will discuss how energy density is dependent upon a number of factors including climate, urban structure, building morphology, building use, building systems and occupant behaviour. She will highlight strategies for improved planning and urban form to increase the feasibility of district energy based upon the work by the Plan 4 DE project. Read more for details and register here
3. CityInSight I: Relationship between land use and GHG Emissions: the knowledge so far’ Wednesday 28th October 13:00 EDT
Yuill Herbert from SSG will be discussing the design functions of the new city-scale energy, finance and emissions model we will be formally launching at COP21 Paris, CityInSight, please follow this link for a brochure with more information.
4. Associate webinar with Lindsay Cole on ‘Rewilding Strategies‘ Wednesday 4th November 13:00 EDT
Details to be confirmed, but you can register still for what looks like a fun session!
Lindsay will discuss the work she was involved with for the Vancouver Parks Board with the Environmental Education and Stewardship Action Plan, before her current role at CityStudio Vancouver.
5. Plan 4DE II: ‘The modelling approach’ Tuesday 10th November 13:00 EDT
Co hosted by EA Energy Analyses in Copenhagen, Denmark who specialise in performing research in energy and climate change.
6. CityInSight webinar II: An integrated modelling approach: launching a new GHG model’ 19th November 13:00 EDT
This webinar is jointly led by Marcus Williams from whatif Technologies and Yuill Herbert from SSG.
7. CityInSight webinar III: ‘An integrated modelling approach’ 7th January 2016 13:00 EDT
A repeat of the previous webinar, with an update post COP21 Paris. This webinar is jointly led by Marcus Williams from whatif Technologies and Yuill Herbert from SSG.
8. Plan 4DE webinar III: ‘Planning and District Energy’ 11th January 13:00 EDT
This session is jointly hosted by Yuill Herbert of SSG and GGLO. GGLO applies the lens of urban design and architecture to the project and has developed visualizations for the archetypes.
9. Associate webinar: ‘Modelling whole energy systems’ 18th January 2016 13:00 EDT
Will McDowall, from University College London, will discuss the role of these models in decision-making in national governments, their strengths, weaknesses, and where that leaves informed, expert political activism.
We look forward to you joining us!