A biweekly climate briefing for municipalities
In this Issue #16
- How do we ensure cities are low carbon?
- Clean energy grows and grows in Canada
- Talk of the Cities
- Downtown is sought after for both living and working
- Are wealth indexes an accurate measurement of wealth?
- Should local government also own and manage our energy supply?
- Tickets are on sale for our 350.org gig in Paris (and selling out fast!)
- Different approaches to climate action in Paris
- Featured network: Local Climate Leaders Circle
Now that more people are seeking a compact city-life, how do we ensure cities are low carbon?
The latest report from New Climate Economy highlights policies and actions required to enable the transition to low carbon cities. Financial initiatives, essential monitoring tools and an appetite for walkability (as the article following this proves) are making the compact city popular again. Migration to cities is also increasing, for example by 2050 800 million people are expected to urbanize in Africa’s Sub Saharan region alone. So, how we can high carbon development be bypassed to manage this rapid urbanisation in a low carbon way? Read more