Client City of Powell River
Partners The Arlington Group , EcoPlan International, Morrison Hershfield.
Location Powell River, BC
This plan was developed in three phases including addressing key issues and priorities for citizens, undergoing a visioning exercise and developing an action plan and strategy for the City moving forward. There were eleven engagement forums for public participation. This plan included:
- Local Government Act Official Community Plan Requirements
- Development Permit Area Guidelines
- Integration of Sustainable OCP with Existing and Future Policy Documents
- Sustainability and Smart Growth Principles
- First Nations Community Goals, Policies and Guidelines
- Cultural Strategy
- Economic Development Analysis
- Urban Design Strategy
- Waste Management and Reduction Strategy
- Transportation Strategy
SSG provided the sustainability framework, responses to the BC Climate Charter, input on local economic development, and delivery of the community engagement program.