A biweekly climate briefing for municipalities
In this Issue #14
- Update on NAZCA
- Update from the Pontifex
- Our Earth is “gravely ill”
- Will Obama be able to lead a climate deal in Paris?
- London’s businesses are alarmingly ill prepared for climate change
- Canadian Worker Cooperative Federation issues climate statement
- World leaders and scientists issue Earth Statement
- Deadline this week for ICLEI Transformative Actions Programme
- Featured network: Climate Outreach and Information Network (COIN)
Update on NAZCA
Last year the UN created NAZCA, a space for everyone except national governments, to commit to climate action as a complement to the Lima – Paris Action Agenda. As it stands, 680 companies have registered, with 18 ‘Cooperative Initiatives‘, networks of civil society organisations, businesses that have clubbed together to achieve collective targets and share support. As a global action platform, these figures appear underrepresented with only three months to go until COP21. The most popular theme is Transportation for targets. Of the 144 commitments, there is a healthy spread from Jordan to Canada, Egypt to Mongolia.